Brown Sugar Spiced Grilled Chicken
Chef Marks Brown Sugar Spiced BBQ Chicken
1 whole Chicken (broken down into 8 pieces)
2 tbsp. olive oil
3/4 cup paprika
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup ground black pepper
2 tbsp dried thyme
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp dry chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp cayenne pepper or more if you want it spicier
1 tbsp dried sage
(Note: You can mix all the ingredients together well and keep in an air tight container in the same place that you keep your spices.)
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl combine all the herbs, spices and sugar. Mix until combined.
- Rub mixture over both sides of the chicken and then add the olive oil.
- Place the chicken on the grill bone-side down and grill, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes (removing the wings sooner).
- Serve with you favorite side dishes and enjoy
Tip: For a more flavor impact I recommend marinating the chicken for 24 hours.