Crispy Brussels Sprouts
I remember as a kid seeing “Brussels Sprouts” in the grocery store and thinking to myself WTF is that? My mother never cooked brussels sprouts and it was not until I got into my adulthood while advancing my education in culinary that I now love them. Roasting the sprouts in the oven is by far my favorite cooking method; the slightly chard borderline burnt taste somehow compliments the natural flavors of the sprouts. In my recipe below I compliment the sprouts with the tanginess of balsamic and the saltiness of the parmesan cheese. Happy Eating!!!
Crispy Brussel Sprouts w/ Balsamic Chili Glaze
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts
1.5 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Grated Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
Chili Balsamic or Regular Balsamic Glaze (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 425. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse sprouts in cool water and then chop off the tough ends. Chop sprouts in half.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chopped sprouts and then toss to combine. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and spread the sprouts out evenly over the baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the sprouts are tender-crisp.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and Parmesan cheese sprinkle with salt to taste (if needed).